London Broil Recipe – Dinner Menu for Family & Friends
Economical Dinner Nice Enough for Birthdays
Meat and Potatoes, these guys are still around! And this one is having a birthday today. This London broil meal can be fixed in a jiffy. And is so economical … not to worry about how many guests he brings! Pair it with a good tasting economical wine. This is a London Broil Complete Dinner for Four!
Good cheap wine choices are out there, and it makes good sense to pair this meal with a value wine instead of something you would serve with filet mignon. The wine … spicy Cline zinfandel. All this is a hungry man’s delight! Oh, and French apple pie for dessert!
Three recipes here … Well, four if you include the mushrooms smothering the meat … London broil with sautéed mushrooms, twice baked potatoes, and balsamic salad dressing.
The sequence of putting the meal together could go like this.
- Marinate the meat overnight
- Make salad dressing up to the day ahead
- Potatoes can be made the morning of the dinner. Baking for the last time just before serving.
- Put the salad together the morning or afternoon on the same day. Add tomatoes and avocado, if using, as well as dressing just before serving.
- Prepare the mushrooms at the time of the meat being broiled.
- Uncork your value wine while the meat is broiling. Two bottles for 4 people. Just 20 bucks for two bottles of this wine.
Come join us, wine or beer or even diet cola to celebrate Stephen’s birthday!