After posting my Tuna Chicken or Turkey Casserole, the next morning I was pleasantly surprised to find a comment on the entry … not spam nor a relative’s comment! It’s a blogger! And just about lost it when I read I had been nominated for the Liebster Award. An award, that’s fantastic! But what’s a Liebster Award?! Is this the reaction of all nominees?
Everyone in the family grabbed either their ipad or phone to do an internet search. Doing a search for the Liebster Award left us puzzled. So, I followed my nominating blogger back to her home, Cornbread and Heels. And this is what I found. The nominee is a new blogger and has less than 200 followers. The blogger who nominated will pose questions (10) for the nominee. The novice blogger will answer the questions, create the same amount of questions and tag ten new bloggers. I think that’s it!
Thank you Kim. And here are my answers to your questions:
1. What is your favorite animal? Goodness, that is a hard one. I have chickens, a dog and a cat. I do eat chicken. (But not mine.) I love my cat. But it would have to be dogs. Dogs assist us in so many ways for so little in return.
2. If you were dropped off on a deserted island and you could only have three items with you what would they be and why? Goodness! Items are not living things … So, so much for my dog. Knife for building, creating … Lots of matches for fire. Or is this more than one item? … Compass, so I don’t get lost. OR How about a motorboat with a compass, map and picnic basket?
3. What is your favorite kitchen gadget? My hand held stainless steel strainer … use it daily to either sift, strain, or drain.
4. What was your favorite cartoon when you were a kid? I really wasn’t into cartoons but I did enjoy the Disney characters … Donald Duck, not so much. Mickey Mouse.
5. Do you know what Underoos are, if so what were your favorite? I only know what they are because I did a search. I would have enjoyed Wonder Woman. Are these available??
6. What is the grossest/weirdest thing you have ever eaten? As a very young child before I cooked in the kitchen I cooked outside while playing in the dirt. Yep, dirt. Not much … not good! What was I thinking? Food products … nothing too unusual but Portuguese Blood Sausage is not a favorite.
7. What would you like your last dinner to be? I probably would not be hungry if I knew it was the last. But if not knowing, my spaghetti and meatballs, a glass of chianti, and my apple pie with coffee.
8. What is the holiday tradition your family has passed down to you? Our tradition when I was a child was to go as a family, including Grandmother Rose and my Grandfather, to a local fine dining restaurant in our very best dress. We did this once a year for forty years until the restaurant closed. At home holidays involve all homemade dishes. The food is presented beautifully, a must, and is always delicious! The secret is making memories … that is the tradition.
9. What do you think has been the single worst fashion trend? I love fashion. I love new and exciting and daring. I like where we have gone … plaids with strips … black with dark blue or brown … mismatching … tailored or not tailored … hats or no hats. Wearing food … not so much but that isn’t a trend. Is it?
10. What is your favorite gift you’ve ever given someone? Having been a nurse my gifts were often not tangible. The gift of being present when needed.
Here are the questions for my nominees:
1. What is your favorite dessert to make and eat?
2. Choose a movie or record album you like and tell why you like it.
3. What is the team sport you enjoy watching or playing?
4. What dish do you fix that always gets raves and is fixed in 15 minutes or less?
5. What was your most memorable holiday?
6. Describe your kitchen in one word.
7. Tell what season you like best and why.
8. What was your biggest cooking catastrophe?
9. Do you have a favorite children’s story? If so, what?
10. The hottest (with spice) dish you tasted and liked is?
My Ten Nominees
Nothing Much To Say
Greek Cooking-Fun Sharing
The Untamed Cook
Pearls Plus Girls
Foodie For All
Vegan American Princess
Eat Drink And Be Merry
Second Nomination – July 2014
Francesca of LoveBakeRead just nominated me for the Liebster Award. My second nomination and I’m just as excited … I’m still here to receive it! The rules look to have changed. It remains a way for bloggers to get to know one another but not limited to newbies. At least that’s my take.
First I need to list 11 random facts about me. That’s new! Then answer Francesca’s 11 questions she posted on her blog for her 11 nominees. Next, I nominate 11 bloggers who will follow the same process. And to make it easy for everyone who wants to visit Francesca and my nominated sites I’m providing a link. Look for the green!
Thank you Francesca!
1. I could cook before I could read.
2. I’m happiest when working.
3. Good with my hands, creating, building.
4. Quiet and shy.
5. Love Film Noir.
6. Was a vegetarian.
7. Never met a vegetable I didn’t like, fruit not so much.
8. Jock in college.
9. Was an oncology research nurse.
10. Dislike clutter and disorder.
11. Took the car for a spin when 11.
1. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why? Tuscany … the people, the food, the history, the weather is about the same as I experience now.
2. What’s your favorite dessert? My apple pie
3. When did I start this blog? July 2013
4. Did I have a big or small wedding or elope? Which time? lol Eloped
5. What’s your biggest fear? Nothing exceptional
6. Coffee, expresso drink or tea? Coffee
7. What’s the best gift you ever received? The love and respect of my children.
8. Do you live in a city, suburb or in the country? City but was country when I was young. Still a bit country.
9. If you could eat only one food for the rest of your life what would it be? Not hemp seed. My spaghetti.
10. What kind of camera do you use for the blog? A Nikon with a Tamron wide angle lens.
11. What’s your favorite season? Fall
1. What book did you enjoy most as a child?
2. What surprises people about you?
3. Your favorite meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner, and what is the usual menu?
4. Do you collect anything? If so, what?
5. Why do you like blogging?
6. What is your favorite time of day?
7. What activity do you really enjoy out of doors?
8. What makes you smile easily?
9. What is your main goal as a blogger?
10. What surprised you about blogging?
11. Finish the sentence … Food is….
Note: Nominees if you haven’t acquired your Liebster Award Seal find it on-line.